What is Delta 8?
- Delta-8-THC is chemically different from Delta-9-THC by a few chemical bonds and offers an enjoyable high. Delta-9-THC is what is mostly commonly just called THC.
- Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol most often has a milder psychotropic potency than delta-9 THC in equivalent quantities.
- Delta-8-THC often has greater health benefits than Delta9- THC and/or CBD.
- Delta-8-THC connects to both CB1 and CB2 receptors in the human cannabinoid system as does Delta-9-THC.
- Delta-8 THC is found naturally in small concentrations in marijuana and hemp plants of less than 1%.
What is the Difference Between Delta-8 THC and Delta-9 THC?
Delta 8 has the double bond on the 8th carbon in the chain, Delta 9 on the 9th.
Will Delta-8 get you High?
Yes but subjectively less intense than Delta-9, while giving you the much desired calming effect. has benefits of pain, nausea, vomiting, and anxiety relief while actually protecting your brain cells and helping with concentration and productivity.
It is subjective because chasing a strong high is possible. Paradoxically a minority of users say they get higher from Delta-8 than from Delta-9 using equivalent amounts.